Thanksgiving is tomorrow – man has this month flown by!! 🙂
I’m not worried about over-indulging during Thanksgiving dinner; I have a small family and we have our menu planned out. There won’t be massive quantities of delicious things I should avoid. There will be dessert, and you bet I’ll be having some….because before lunch, I’ll be at the gym. Our gym is opened from 7am-1pm – so I have plenty of time to get a nice pre-turkey workout in! 🙂
Do you guys give yourselves holidays off from eating right and exercise?
I always make it a point to find 10 things I’m thankful for each year, I figured this was a nice place to post that. 🙂
10. This blog. I never thought that writing publicly about the struggles that come with losing weight would be so therapeutic – but it is! I’ve made new friends, learned SO much and been held accountable by readers far and wide. Thank you!
9. Sparkles and coffee. Two things I absolutely love, and am thankful for every day! ❤ (hey, you didn’t think this was going to be all serious stuff did ya? ;))
8. A job that pays my bills, allows me to interact with some kick-ass creative people and work beside some HYSTERICAL ones. 🙂
7. Freedom. So often I take for granted how lucky I am to have been born when I did, in the country I did.
6. Unanswered prayers. I grew up listening to country music, and Garth Brooks has a fabulous song with this title, listen to it. Today I am thankful for all the things I wanted SO BAD, didn’t get and then realized how much better off I was afterward.
5. Bellydance. I’m grateful for the wonderful friends I have made, fantastic costumes I’ve found (especially by Miz Geisha Moth) and the community that surrounds this beautiful art. My bellydance family truly is a blessing.
4. A body that is getting stronger every day. I am thankful for muscles that ache, because it means progress is being made!
3. My friends. I have some of the most amazing, and eclectic friends ever – and I am so lucky to have their friendship and support in my life!
2. My brother. No one makes me laugh as much as him – and no one understands exactly where I’m coming from like he can. He’s the best!
1. My parents. My mom and dad are two of the most amazing people I know, and I am thankful for them every day. They might not be perfect (who is?!) but they did a great job raising me and my brother, and continue to inspire me to be a better person everyday. ❤
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!