My BFF Rachel makes a list a few times a week of the top 5 happy things in her life. It’s a wonderful sentiment and one I think more people should implement, so I’m adding it to my blog! Once every few weeks I’ll be posting my “Top 5” ala John Cusak in High Fidelity (one of my most favorite movies, for the record).
This week was filled with setbacks, drama and well…all around grouchiness. It’s harder to find things that make you happy during emotionally trying weeks!
*Samantha*’s Top 5 Happy Things (in no particular order):
1. Martinis w/ girlfriends! I’m not a big drinker, but this week I got to indulge in martinis and girly time with my pal Charlotte. She’s a gem, and it was a fun night!
2. Rainbow Roses! I decided to send my mom roses, just for being fabulous. I found these on FTD and thought they were hella cool. She loved them, and they made me happy too!
3. Being Erica – it’s a Canadian soap-opera about a girl who goes back in time to change regrets she has. It’s super addicting! This weeks episode had my celebrity crush du jour (I’m a sucker for blue/green eyes!) Adam Fergus and focuses on two wrongs not making a right. The quote that stuck with me was: “Some things are true, whether we want them to be or not. Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character – and character? Well, character becomes destiny. It’s a hard thing to look deep down and examine our character. Will we do the right thing, even when no-one’s looking? When it’s not convenient? When it’s really hard? Will we do the right things simply because we have to – because it’s who we are? Because it’s right?”
4. Being invited to Vegas. I didn’t want to “squee!” because it’s not fair to my friends and co-workers who don’t get to go work in Vegas for a week in April….but I am really stoked. I can’t lie. I get to see my favorite friends from the industry, college etc. all in one place – where I get to eat amazing food and see fun shows at night! 🙂 Of course, there’s long days and hard work – but honestly, that doesn’t come into play until I’m there. Haha!
5. Sara Bareilles! I loved her first few albums, but her current release “Kaleidoscope Heart” is just amazing. I can’t stop singing “Say You’re Sorry” and “Gonna Get Over You”. I think it’s funny that I’m singing along to break-up songs when I’m single – but whatever! The tone of her voice just resonates with me. She’s my new favorite CD in my car!
What is making you happy this week? Share it with me! 🙂