Happy Friday everyone!! Oh man, it’s been a long week huh?! I’m thankful for 2 days of sleeping in and chilling out. I also have an awesome freelance project to work on, which makes me happy.
* Oh man, if you thought I was complaining earlier this week about the heat….today is worse. It’s going to be 100. No lie, 100! Insane! LA friends, please send some cool breeze this way ok? 🙂
* I have been doing everything I can to avoid being outside for longer than 30 seconds (the time it takes to walk from house to car), the heat/humidity literally makes you feel like you might die. Thank god my job, house and car have AC! This funny cartoon was on FB this morning and I had to share it. Thanks Lorinda!
* I have drank so much water in the last few days that I might be part fish!
* I am addicted to a new snack (and so is everyone in my office!):
* This morning’s barre n9ne virtual workout was amazing, as always. I can’t believe I found a class that I love so much I wake up at 5:45am! You guys have heard me complain time and time again about hating mornings….I like them now! OK, like is a strong word. I acquaint with them. Haha.
* I saw a work friend who is based in another office yesterday and he kept saying “You look so different Sam!”. Thing is, I honestly don’t think I look much different from last time he saw me! A few hours later he texted me and said “Figured it out – your walk. You look confident now!“. That made my day. I definitely FEEL awesome and I’m glad my body language is echoing that!
* Something nerdyI found really interesting: “Fat cells expand when people consume more energy than they can burn. During weight loss, the cells shrink. “The fat is a very specialized cell, and it takes basically the fat we eat and it stores it in form of triglycerides,” said Fried, who researches how fat is deposited. “It’s doing that for the purpose of releasing it when other parts of the body need it.” Humans carry about 10 billion to 30 billion fat cells. People who are obese can have up to 100 billion. “If anyone of us overeat long and hard enough, we can increase the number of fat cells in our body,” Fried said. “When we lose weight, we don’t lose the number of fat cells.”
* I have a few summer tops I hang onto every year and one of my favorites was too small a few months ago when I tried it on. I was heartbroken, but I saved it because it’s so cute. Today I am rocking it! Yay!