Sparkly & Slimming….a Weight Loss Blog

Samantha's journey to slim down, while remaining sparkly!

Getting in the Groove!


Happy Friday Everyone!

It was a good week overall ~ but I have to say…it’s hard to get in the groove and balance exercise, healthy eating and life.ย  It’s something you have to work at every day – not just when it’s convenient! So, I’ve come up with some new ways to keep myself on track, motivated and succeeding.

Weigh-in first today – down 2 pounds. 368. Normally I would bitch and moan about 2 pounds- but not this time. I own every single OUNCE of that 2 pounds! ๐Ÿ™‚ย  This also means I am in the 360’s! For those of you keeping tracking @ home, my goal is 360 by Oct 1st. So, the next 2 weeks need to be *hardcore*.

Wanna hear about my week? Oh good…I was gonna tell you anyways! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Food – I like logging things online through SparkPeople.com ….but I realized this week that I don’t log anything after dinner, and RARELY do I log on the weekends (I don’t go on my laptop unless I am on call). So, I got myself a paper tracking notebook (the one Memie recommended!). I think that should help. Seeing what you’ve eaten in black and white in undeniable.I also realized I am overdosing on coffee again – and need to cut back. Not only the cost, but the caffeine isn’t good for me. I’m going to brew coffee this weekend, make coffee cubes and get back to making my own coffee for the morning – no more coffee all day! Not only does it taste better, but it’s all around just better for me. I was watching the Rachel Ray show yesterday morning and she had a doctor on who said if you’re going to have some decadent – like a cheeseburger – it needs to be 10% of the time balanced with your healthy eating the other 90% of the time. Good reminder!

Exercise – Walking in the graveyard was going great…but I missed that “strong” feeling I had 2 yrs ago when I was going to the gym regularly. I realized, to be truly successful I need people to help me and I need to keep mixing it up. I’ve rejoined my old gym (at a discounted rate! Hooray!) and now I have the ability to work out w/ my mom, brother or dad (when I can con him into going!). I also will have a solution for my “what do I do when it’s snowing all winter?”. Same thing I did before- get my ASS to the gym! Boom – problem solved! I can do cardio days of walking/elliptical/biking or I can do weight training circuits which I really enjoy…Yes, I see your surprised face – I know. Me? At a gym? Hell yes. I loved this gym when I first started…then I got in my own way and stopped going. Not this time! I’m going to bore you all w/ a chart of my circuits next week. ๐Ÿ˜‰

All in all, I’m feeling really accomplished. I’m not giving up (even though some days I really want to) and while I might not be able to please everyone in my life, I’m doing my best to work towards my goal of being healthy. Being fat is easy, getting healthy is hard work – and I need to remind myself of that each day. If it was each, obesity wouldn’t be such an epidemic in this country!

On the agenda for this weekend: reaching 9000 steps (I can SO do this…I know I can!), getting to the gym twice, co-hosting a belly dance fundraiser for a friend whose house was lost in a fire (so sad!) and spending time with my family. Busy weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

What healthy things are *you* doing this weekend? Tell me all about it!

XO
*S

1 Comment »

%d bloggers like this: